Saturday, September 24, 2011

'You got yourself a deal."

Sovereignty: The Citadel 
Eve Time: 01:42

The Rifter slowed to a halt near the cargo station. The station sat on a massive rock and a greenish fog loomed around it. There were thousands, if not millions of places like this all over EVE but this is the place where the deal would be made.

Inside the Rifter pilot Protector X opened a comm. to his men.
"You guys ready down below?"
"Ready" Someone acknowledged.

     He closed the comm. and flew his ship to the station. "This better work. I’ve gone too far now. Goddamn it why did I do that job!?"
Two months ago a fellow Corp member named Paintchk needed some help with a contract given to him by the "High Class" Corporation. It was a simple task, raid an office, plant a bomb on the cargo ship, and then kill that “rat” someone had wanted dead. The reward was 50 million Isk so when I was asked to join in it was hard for them to pass up.  The station that we were going to raid was corrupt and the police there were basically paid militia.  After we searched through the hanger bay, found the ship, and Paint had planted the bomb, I raided the office and had gotten what information we needed to find the Rat The information tipped us off that the Rat was at a meeting in a club in the station. When we arrived we immediately spotted the Rat. I was waiting for just the right moment to attack but as he started to walk towards an exit in the back with 3 people behind him I was shocked that Paint made a move and left me behind.
"Paint wait!", but the sound of the large crowd inside the club drowned out my scream.
Paint was only a few feet away when a drunk bumped into him and started to swing. The Rat heard the commotion and turned and saw him. He started to run so Paint drew his pistol and fired striking one of  the Rat’s  accomplices’ and killing them.
"Fuck! X hurry!!" Paint yelled.
 We both ran after the Rat through ally ways and side streets. Both parties exchanged fire every now and again. Some of the militia patrolling the streets got involved but were put down quickly.  Eventually we reached a hanger bay where the Rat managed to get a ride and flew towards a cargo ship across the bay.
"Shit he's getting away!!' I yelled.
Paintchk looked around and then noticed that the ship he had planted the bomb on was directly above the one the Rat was on
Paint pulled out a detonator and pressed the button.  The ship erupted in a ball of fire and fell onto the ship carrying the Rat. Both ships exploded and fell towards the hanger floor taking a couple nearby ships with it.
I was both speechless and stunned but when I turned to Paint he had a look as if he seen this all before. "Come on, we gotta leave," he said calmly.
He pulled out a small phone and called someone saying only, "it’s done" and hung up.



      The Rifter soon stopped near the station and an arm reached out of the Rifters cargo hold. X and a small party of armed fellow Corp members were there waiting. I was leading the way. The smell of blood, sweat, and tears was almost overwhelming. This station had been used to create both legal and illegal drugs as well as many other products. Most likely the ones making them were slaves and under pay workers. It was a shit hole that should be destroyed.
"This better work," someone said.
"It will." I said.
After reaching storage, my men spread out forming a line. 
"Come on out," his voice echoed.
Suddenly, twenty armed men in suits entered the room and spread out in front of my men.
One of the men came to the front and slowly began to talk.
"I guess you’re a man of your word X. Did you bring him?
"Yes." I said as I waved my hand motioning for him.
A man with his head covered was brought up. The mask was removed and it was Paintchk.
"We finally meet." Paint had bruises on his face and blood coming from his nose.
"Indeed" the man said. He then waved his hand and a woman who had her head covered was brought up. They removed the bag.
"Baby?" I said with a reflected tone.

        The women was my wife, Xz. Apparently, after the job Paint and X found out that the people who were killed were members of the Trader Corporation, a mafia style Corp that sells everything and will kill anyone who has harmed them. The people who were killed in the wreck were not only high ranking members but also family members of the CEO. The CEO then war decked the Xziles and placed a high bounty on Paint and my lives. We both had no place to hide and were constantly being attacked in space and in our stations. Soon the Traders got a hold of Xz and offered to trade her for Paint. I was determined to get her back even if it meant betraying my most trusted friend.
"Let her go." I said.
One of the men cut Xz loose and she ran to me.
"Now him,” The CEO said.
Paint walked up to the CEO and starred right into his face.
"You have no idea what’s coming," he said.
Paint smirked, "neither do you."
Paint's cuffs became undone and he grabbed the CEO and held him hostage. He produced a gun and pointed it at his head.
"Try anything and I'll blow his brains out!"
Everyone including myself took cover.
The CEO started to laugh.
"You stupid man, HAHAHA!! Fire!!"
The line of men opened fire and the false leader was riddled with bullets.
Paint and I returned fire and soon a massive gun battle erupted.
Paint dove for cover and one of men threw him a shotgun. He backed up and bumped into me but then something hit Paint on the head he collapsed, he was delirious.
In his state he thought of everything that had happened to him and myself thus far and laughed.
"Its funny......anything you do can have an effect on the entire Universe. You fuck with the wrong guy and you could end up in a world of shit. You dishonor fights and you can have someone war deck you. You fuck someone over on a trade, a job, an order, or even the smallest thing, then the world changes. This is EVE I guess....the Universe is yours, but when does it become yours? When do you take the stand?"
"Paint!" I said. "Paint!" It became clearer to him the second and third time.
"Paint I need your help!!" I yelled.
Paint stood.
"X, if they don't kill you this time.....then Xz might."
Paint laughed, and then I laughed with him.
"You’ve got yourself a deal."
They shook hands and ran towards the enemy head on.

No comments:

Post a Comment